Is there no end to the miraculous benefits of a simple cucumber? Lose your wrinkles, get your vitamins, pick me up, scare bugs and slugs, hide cellulite … They must have forgotten to add a bit about a fountain of youth.
I wish I could lay claim to this, but it came to me through a Canadian relative and is obviously doing the Internet rounds I just had to share it. I hope it the information is true but have to warn you I haven’t tested this … yet.
- Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
- Feeling tired? Put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a Cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
- Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a Cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, Spa-like fragrance.
- Are grubs and Slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a smallpie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminium to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
- Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
- Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and Headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B Vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
- Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explorers for quick meals to thwart starvation.
- Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
- Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice andrub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
- Stressed out and don’t have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire Cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber react with the boiling water and be releasedin the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
- Just finish a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
- Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your taps, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won’t leave streaks and won’t harm your fingers or fingernails while you clean.
- Using a Pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the Cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the Walls!!
If you know the source, please let me know so I can attribute it.
Posted in happy, life, life the world & everything, living, the world andeverything
Tagged cucumber, friends, health, pest control, revelation, simple, simple idea, skin care, useful, vitamins
What really went on? What is the truth? We were able to capture and document the story of the visit to Glenkinchie from Rest Your Weary Antlers. Here it is!
Shocking Exposé, truth is stranger, caution – graphic
Posted in life, life the world & everything, living, men's stuff
Tagged confused, documentary, face it, fight it, interest, men at play, revelation, should it be allowed?, the age divide, whisky
I was told to dress as a country gentleman. Saturday 28th July found me in downtown Edinburgh at 10:30 in the morning. The weather was more October than July as I headed to a stag party.
An old pair of green moleskin breeches, long blue walking socks, a pair of tough, grippy soled shoes and a wax jacket added a subtle je ne sais quoi; at least to me. The transformation drew some interesting cat-calls and whistles from young women at Edinburgh Bus Station. Isn’t it wonderful to be admired? It is hard to say what physical features attracted their comment … I have quite a few.
Before long we shot up a few clay pigeons and then had a dram. This was followed by a trip to the Glenkinchie Distillery, cartoon on the subject on Facebook scroll down until you see the headline “The Gelnkinchie Goose” another two drams here … noble and sober drivers. Glenkinchie is a lovely light lowland malt with just the right amount of sweetness and warmth. Then at last we were out for the evening. Food, beer and fine company.
And the point of all this? Once again it’s great to find a strong connection with people thirty and more years younger than myself. We had a laugh or two or three; we met up with a hen party and some banter ensued and the rest I can’t tell you. It’s great to be young again – if just for a wee while. I believe there were some formidable hangovers next day. Boy, I’m an angel.
Posted in happy, life, life the world & everything, living, men's stuff
Tagged Edinburgh, face it, fight it, friends, friendship, fun, Glen Kinchie, humor, humour, interest, jokes, life, men at play, the age divide, whisky